1893 09 15 Battery Acid

1893 Sept 15th Battery Acid

Charles King, a lineman of the telegraph department (L & S W R) was charging a battery in the signal box on Tuesday, when some sulphuric acid spurted from a jar into which he was putting a cork on to the left side of his face. Happily, the eye was uninjured, and after being attended by a companion, King was taken to the Infirmary, where he is doing well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s