Dangerfield, Frederick

Dangerfield, Frederick         1882 September 23rd             Swindon

On Wednesday afternoon an inquest was held before Mr Baker, touching the death of Frederick Dangerfield, 58, a cabinet-maker, employed in the railway works. It appeared from the evidence that on August 17th the deceased drank some very strong ammonia from a bottle which he had in his pockets in mistake for gin, of which he had just before purchased a quarten at a public-house and also put in his pocket.

The action of the ammonia was very powerful, and the poor fellow suffered great agony, the gullet being frightfully burnt. Medical assistance was procured, and everything was done to alleviate his sufferings, but he died on Tuesday last after protracted suffering. The verdict of the jury was that the deceased died by misadventure.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s